Frequently Asked Questions
Prospective College Students
- How difficult was it to adjust to the academic expectations of your professors?
- Does the college have core requirements, classes all students must take?
- Have you ever had a class taught by a teaching assistant (TA)?
- Does it seem that the professors’ primary obligation is to teach or conduct research?
- What is the overall stress level of students?
- What is the typical class size?
- Can students easily change majors?
- Is it more common to study by oneself or in a group setting?
- Can you describe the housing system?
- Do freshmen live in one residence hall or are they scattered around campus?
- When do students typically move off campus?
- Does the college help students identify off campus housing opportunities?
- How are roommate conflicts resolved?
- Are there on campus jobs for students?
- How easy is it to find a job off campus?
- Do most students intern during their four years? Does the college assist in this process?
- What is the closest airport to campus and how long does it take to get there?
- Does the college provide a shuttle to and from the airport?
- Do many students have cars on campus?
- Is there enough parking?
- What study abroad options exist? Where are some of the places your friends have gone?
On Campus Activities
- What are the most popular/active clubs on campus?
- Is Greek life available? If so, is it the dominant community?
- Describe a few of the major campus-wide events.
- Do evening activities primarily occur on or off campus?
- Are there social events without alcohol?
- How prevalent is recreational drug use?
What are the most popular sports to attend?
- Are students more likely to talk about a big basketball game or a guest lecturer?
- What is the intramural athletics scene like?
- Is there a political bent among the student body? If so, left or right?
- During election years are federal and local issues hotly debated or is there an apolitical feel?